[mythtv-users] Doing an actual scan of the channels

Robert Koblish rkoblish at gmail.com
Tue Mar 18 03:12:57 UTC 2008

On Mon, Mar 17, 2008 at 1:55 PM, Ciro Iriarte <cyruspy at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2008/3/17, Michael T. Dean <mtdean at thirdcontact.com>:
>  > On 03/17/2008 01:30 PM, Ciro Iriarte wrote:
>  >  > 2008/3/17, Michael T. Dean <mtdean at thirdcontact.com>:
>  >  >
>  >
>  > >>  However, if you only have 5 channels, you should really think about just
>  >  >>  adding them manually.  Do
>  >  >>  http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/264034#264034 to
>  >  >>  clean up the mess that's in there now (but don't do the channel scan or
>  >  >>  "Fetch channels from listings source"), then use the channel editor to
>  >  >>  create 5 new channels typing in the center frequency of the video
>  >  >>  carrier (in kHz) for the freqid.  Make sure each channel has a unique
>  >  >>  channel number and channel callsign.
>  >
>  > > Ok, but where do I take the correct frequencies from?
>  >
>  >
>  > In theory, they should be "published" somewhere.  Whether that somewhere
>  >  is some government registration document or the broadcaster's own
>  >  "documentation," I couldn't tell you.
>  >
>  >  Your best bet is to find other people in your country who are
>  >  knowledgeable about local broadcasts and see what information you can
>  >  get from them.  Perhaps someone can give you exact frequencies or a
>  >  reference to the documents that show those frequencies.
>
>  Searching, but i'm still out of luck.... That's why I wanted to rely
>  on MythTV :D
>

>  >
>  >  And, wikipedia may actually be useful, depending on what country you're
>  >  in.  As a matter of fact, if you were to mention your country here, it's
>  >  quite possible there may be some other MythTV user who has already
>  >  figured all this out.
>
>  I'm from Paraguay, but in fact, I don't think so (also tried using the
>  table for Argentina a nearby country) ...
>
>  >
>  >
>  >  Mike
>
>  Ciro

According to <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Television_channel_frequencies>
all of Region 2 (the Americas) uses the same table of broadcast
channel assignments. Make sure also that you've selected the correct
broadcast standard; according to <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NTSC>
Paraguay is now using the NTSC-M standard/

HTH
Bob Koblish