[mythtv-users] [re-post] Preview Images all blank in MythTV v0.21

Albert Graham agraham at g-b.net
Tue Mar 18 13:17:42 UTC 2008

[ I originally posted this message to the MythTV-dev list and the thread was moved to this list - however, I was not subscribed to this forums at that time (and so cannot join the thread), so I'm reposting my original questions ]

---

Hi

I recently upgraded from 0.20.xx to 0.21:

version info:

MythTV Version   : exported
MythTV Branch    : tags/release-0-21
Library API      : 0.21.20080304-1
Network Protocol : 40
Options compiled in:
 linux release using_oss using_alsa using_arts using_jack using_backend
using_dbox2 using_directfb using_dvb using_frontend using_hdhomerun
using_iptv using_ivtv using_joystick_menu using_libfftw3 using_lirc
using_opengl_vsync using_opengl_video using_v4l using_x11 using_xrandr
using_xv using_xvmc using_xvmcw using_xvmc_vld using_bindings_perl
using_bindings_python using_opengl using_ffmpeg_threads using_live

Now all my preview images in mythweb are blank - but not black, they
vary in color but are usually dark or pastel, so for example, first
preview of a recording is pale grey, next is pale brown, pale green etc..

Anyway, that's in the MythWeb interface (recorded programs), I noticed
that the same colors for all the images are in fact the same colors as
the 1st frame of the preview movie when I goto "select a recording to
watch:" screen ?

The strange thing is, I ask MythTV to capture the image/previews from
200 seconds from the start (via View Recordings (4/9) setup page - but
it does not seem do that!, maybe it just grabs the 1st frame which
happens to be some random blank color, here is a link to a screenshot
that better describes but I'm seeing.

http://www.g-b.net/mythtv-blank.png

So, I may be doing something wrong, but this did all work fine in 0.20
version!

I have deleted all the .png images (from data/cache and /recordings) , which are automatically re-generated next time you view the list, but the same blanks are regenerated!.

Any advise ? TIA.

Albert.