[mythtv-users] HDHR broken after moving from SVN to 0.21

Adam Felson a.f.9 at pobox.com
Tue Mar 18 13:23:35 UTC 2008

I was previously using the SVN version of mythtv dated 3/13/08 and moved to
the released mythtv-0.21.

Now, HDHomeRun hidef playback is broken.  The symptoms are that it'll play
from the start OK, but once there's any repositioning such as hitting -> to
skip ahead 30 seconds, all hell breaks lose.  The picture will freeze, and
the audio will sound like it is playing at about 10 times playback speed,
from the start, until I get tired of listening to the babble.  I've seen it
sometimes regain sync and continue, but usually I have to restart the display
manager to regain control.

Log file:
<date/time> TV: Changing from None to WatchingPreRecorded
<date/time> Using realtime priority.
<date/time> Video timing method: RTC
<date/time> WriteAudio: buffer underrun
<date/time> NVP::AddAudioData():p1: Audio buffer overflow, audio data lost!
The last line is repeat continuously.

System is a AMD-64 dual core on a via motherboard, 2G of ram, with an nvidia
6xxx video card.  System is a combined backend/frontend and files for
recording/playback are local.  It was working fine w/ SVN.  I will
investigate further such as restoring the SVN version.