[mythtv-users] HDHR broken after moving from SVN to 0.21

Ronald Frazier ron at ronfrazier.net
Tue Mar 18 13:39:19 UTC 2008

I've had that same thing happen to a recording, and I believe it was
caused by a bad seek table.

I was playing around with rewiring a few things and accidentally
bumped the power switch on the UPS. I powered everything back up. A
few hours later I recorded something and when I played it back I had
the same problem (played fine until you seeked, then video would
freeze and audio was very high speed). I ran mythtranscode with the
appropriate flags to rebuild the seek table, but that didn't seem to
help. I deleted the showing and set it to rerecord. Then later I
looked at the backend logs and noticed TONS of errors (starting right
after I cut the power) trying to insert into the seektable. Sure
enough, it was corrupted. I repaired it and everything was fine.

Try running the mysqlcheck program (note: your mysqlcheck might be in
a different location):
/usr/bin/mysqlcheck -u root -p --repair mythconverg

You might want to setup a cron job to repair the DB each reboot.
Create a user that can repair the DB without requiring a password,
then put the following in crontab

@reboot /usr/bin/mysqlcheck -u repair_user --repair --all-databases

--
Ron