[mythtv-users] Archos Video Formats ?????

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Tue Mar 18 20:31:08 UTC 2008

On Mar 18, 2008, at 1:23 PM, R. G. Newbury wrote:

> Brad DerManouelian wrote:
>>
>> This sounds like a cool device. Can anyone comment on the quality
>> of the
>> screen and how videos look when playing back? Dead/stuck pixels?
>
> For some more money, you might want to look at the Nokia N810 which
> is a
> full Internet tablet with bluettooth and wifi, running the Debian
> based
> Maemo distro. Fantastic touch sceen. Smaller and lighter than the
> Archos, plays transcoded mythtv files BEAUTIFULLY, using mplayer.

Yeah, I don't want to spend money on it. I was thinking about it for
my 10 year old daughter so when she drops it and smashes it to bits, I
don't mind so much. I have an iPhone that plays back videos better
than I even though possible in a palm-sized device and my 17 year old
is saving up for his own iPod Touch or iPhone as soon as he pays his
taxes. :)