[mythtv-users] MEdia sharing

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Tue Mar 18 21:59:29 UTC 2008

On Mar 18, 2008, at 3:42 PM, Gareth Glaccum wrote:

>> Windows taking note of a Myth system is probably not for the benefit
>> of the Linux user, I wonder if it reports the fact back to the Mother
>> Ship.
>
>> beww
>
> Worryingly you could be right there, the windows machine has just
> stopped
> talking to my media frame, I wonder if it is too late to pull my data
> connection...... Black helicopters are on their way.

There's nothing wrong with trying to measure your competition, but I'd
hope it would be done overtly and not in the standard MS way.

I'm going to look at the Windows licenses again, I suspect at least
some portion gives them the "right" to spy on you, probably to
"improve the Windows experience" (For MS of course).

I wonder whatever happened to that person trying to measure users with
multiple tuners here? I haven't heard anything about his results. I
still think it was related to the TiVo/DISH lawsuit.

beww