[mythtv-users] SA3250 HD + firewire questions

Keith Lawson keith at nowhere.ca
Wed Mar 19 14:48:33 UTC 2008

On Tue, 18 Mar 2008, Keith Lawson wrote:

> > > <snip>
> > >
> > > So that means the firewire connection should be the only connection I
> > > require to myth? I don't need to connect svideo for the regular SD
> > > channels?
> > >
> > > Keith.
> > >

> > You should really give it a try to see what you get through firewire. I
> > have an sa3250 and only get a few HD channels through firewire. I still
> > use svideo connected to a pvr150 to record the rest.
> >

> Any suggestion for the best way to test that? Just setup the firewire
> source and flick through the channels using the remote for my STB?
>
> Last night when I was testing it seemed like "firewire_tester" functioning
> depended on what channel the STB was tuned to. As soon as I fired up the
> mythfrontend it all died though.

Well I did some more testing last night. If I set the 3250 to something
like the HD preview channel then do:

firewire_tester -R
firewire_tester -p -n 0 -r 5000

All tests receive packets. As soon as I switch off the preview channel
(using the STB remote) the tests start failing and I have to do a "-R"
before I can start receiving on the preview channel again.

When firewire_tester is working I am able to capture the stream using
"test-mpeg2".

Does this all come down to the "5c" flag being set on the channels I can't
receive over firewire? Is there any way to confirm that the 5c flag is the
problem on the channels I can't receive?