[mythtv-users] Hulu.com

jedi jedi at mishnet.org
Wed Mar 19 16:58:34 UTC 2008

On Wed, Mar 19, 2008 at 01:27:08PM +0000, Sarah Hayes wrote:
> Nick Rout wrote:
> > On Wed, March 19, 2008 5:17 pm, Jonny B wrote:
> >
> >> What I was wondering though, has anybody thought of a hulu player plugin
> >> for
> >> myth?
> >>

> > go ahead code it. but be aware that people who can access hulu only
> > constitute a portion of mythtv users - the vast majority of the world are
> > not in the USA.
> >

> Indeed, I'm told the content is unavailable in my region.  But I think
> the more the merrier as far as streaming media sites go, after all
> they're popping up all over the place so your bound to eventually find a
> local one that works.

     Perhaps there will be code that can be shared with this sort of
thing so that a plugin for Hulu might turn into a more general purpose
internet TV plugin.

     One thing that has bugged me about the 0.21 mythnews plugin is that
videos are not streamed and there isn't an option to download videos and
watch them later. I could see streams and downloads in general handled in
a similar way as sorts of recordings. You could schedule a stream or a
download to occur and then perhaps see it in the recordings menu with
regular TV shows.

     Miro seems to work along these lines somewhat.