[mythtv-users] Problem with nVidia drivers on 0.21 upgrade

Harry Devine lifter89 at comcast.net
Wed Mar 19 23:09:43 UTC 2008

I just re-installed my Myth box with Fedora 8 x86_64, and I rebuilt it
as a clean, fresh re-install.  I want to get everything working outside
of Myth first (sound, video, networking, etc.) as much as possible
before installing Myth 0.21 on it.  Well, I'm having trouble with the
nVidia drivers that I got from ATRPMS.net.

I did a yum install nvidia-graphics169.12-kmdl-$KVER and it pulled down
the 169.12 drivers for my kernel (2.6.24.3-34.fc8).  I have my xorg.conf
file loading the nvidia driver as per the NVidia section of the Wiki (
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Installing_MythTV_on_Fedora_7).
However, when I try to start the X-Server, I get the following in my
/var/log/Xorg.0.log file:  (EE) Failed to load module "nvidia" (module
does not exist, 0).

What am I missing here?  I thought that the drivers would have been
installed in the proper locations via the yum command above.  I'm sure
I'm just being stupid here. :-)  I did search Gossamer Threads, but with
715 pages of hits for "nvidia", I thought this would be easier.

Thanks for any help!
Harry