[mythtv-users] Lirc slow to respond in HD

adama817 at aol.com adama817 at aol.com
Thu Mar 20 00:56:55 UTC 2008

I recently had to re-install
my myth box and lirc has been acting up after the re-install.? If I am
on a the frontend menu my remote works great (i.e. single button press
causes desired response). If I am watching Standard Def TV (live or
recording) my remote works ok (1-3 button presses causes desired
result).? If I am watching HDTV (live or recording) the remote works
poor (10+ button presses causes desired result).? If I run 'irw' while
watching HD I can see that nothing is registered without pressing the
button 10+ times.? Also, if I use the keyboard instead of the remote it
works quickly under any condition.

Due to the tie to the amount of processor activity going on (Menu <
Standard Def TV < HDTV) I thought maybe the problem is tied to
maxing out the system, but I have a quad-core and watching HD does not
take much of it (maybe 20%-30% of 1 core).? The same remote worked
flawlessly on the same box before a hardware upgrade/re-install
(upgraded from a Celeron to the quad-core, and added a gig of ram.? As
part of the re-install I went from Ubuntu Feisty to Gutsy).?

I am hoping I just missed something obvious, but looking around I
couldn't find anyone who had hit and solved this issue. Any guidance
would be appreciated.