[mythtv-users] Documenting Playback Profiles (was Re: Playback Profiles? WTF?!)

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Thu Mar 20 07:22:59 UTC 2008

On 03/20/2008 01:20 AM, Kevin Kuphal wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 19, 2008 at 8:48 PM, Michael T. Dean wrote:
>> On 03/19/2008 08:46 PM, Jon wrote:
>>
>>> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Playback_profiles#Default_profiles
>>>
>> Thanks.  I didn't even know that page existed.
>>
>> I didn't add the new groups to the table, though.  I'm hoping someone
>> can can up with a more compact wiki presentation for the profile
>> groups.  As it is, the 3 take up a huge amount of space on the page, and
>> we need 3 more for the rest of the defaults, plus it might be nice for
>> users to be able to post their own recommended groups.
>>
>> If someone comes up with a more compact format (horizontal?), then I'll
>> add the 3 new default groups.  Any wiki gurus who could help?
>>
> Take a look now and tell me what you think.  The table format should also be
> easy to copy for the newer defaults

Definitely much more readable.  I think that will work fine for showing
the default profiles.  I added in High Quality, Normal, and Slim.

As much space as the default playback profile groups take up, I think
that if users add their own recommendations, it should be done on a
separate page with a link from this page.

Thanks for the help.

Mike