[mythtv-users] Two questions about 0.21

Kevin Kuphal kkuphal at gmail.com
Thu Mar 20 19:28:13 UTC 2008

On Thu, Mar 20, 2008 at 12:53 PM, <clemens at dwf.com> wrote:

> Two questions:
>
> (1) I see a number of postings o the form f8/0.21.
> They dont seem to say that 0.21 will ONLY run with f8, but its not clear.
> Will 0.21 run with fc6? (Id rather not be in the middle of two updates at
> once)

No, it will work on just about anything with the right prerequisites
supported.  I run on FC6 on my backend and FC4, I think, on my frontend and
I compile from source so I don't care what packagers do or what is
"supported" anymore.

> (2) Does 0.21 do any threading?
> With the multiCPU processors (yes I have an Intel Core 2 Dual), it would
> seem
> that the time for threading has come.

There is a place in the playback profiles to use more than one CPU for
playback.  I'm not sure where else your find threading missing.

Kevin