[mythtv-users] Mythweb issues after latest upgrade

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sat Mar 22 17:24:30 UTC 2008

On 03/22/2008 01:01 PM, Steve Wilson wrote:
> --- "Michael T. Dean" wrote:
>> Did you ever figure out what's different between the
>> shows that work and
>> those that don't?
> Yeah, I had a feeling it's a crappy work around. I
> used phpmyadmin to look at the tables to see if
> there's anything glaringly different between the two
> recordings that would cause the code to handle each
> recording differently and there isn't. However, I'm
> surely no php expert. I ran backend with v all and
> then went to mythweb the recording then details and
> the bad ones give an error and comparing the good and
> bad it's a SQL query that falls over.

Big thanks for taking the time.

> bad:
> 2008-03-22 00:13:56.884 read  <- 15 49
> QUERY_RECORDING TIMESLOT 2111 2008-03-21T21:02:00
> 2008-03-22 00:13:56.885 MSqlQuery: SELECT
> recorded.chanid,starttime,endtime,title,
> subtitle,description,channel.channum,
> channel.callsign,channel.name,channel.commmethod,
> channel.outputfilters,seriesid,programid,filesize,
> lastmodified,stars,previouslyshown,originalairdate,
> hostname,recordid,transcoder,playgroup,
> recorded.recpriority,progstart,progend,basename,recgroup,
> storagegroup FROM recorded LEFT JOIN channel ON
> recorded.chanid = channel.chanid WHERE recorded.chanid
> = '2111' AND starttime = '2008-03-21T21:02:00' ;
> 2008-03-22 00:13:56.885 write -> 15 5       ERROR

Was there a message after that one?  That's actually not a failed SQL
query, but a socket error that occurred immediately after a SQL query,
but with the above info, I'm missing some information I need to
(possibly) figure out why it occurred.

Any chance you could send me a whole (-v important,general,network and,
if you don't mind, another -v all) backend log from one of these runs
that includes the "bad".  You can send them directly to my e-mail
address (but please include "MythTV" (any case) in the subject so I
don't lose it--i.e. you could just reply to this message but send to me :).

Thanks,
Mike