[mythtv-users] MythTV 0.21 on Xebian installed (was Compiling MythTV on a computer instead of the Xbox)

Skitals hondacrxsi at gmail.com
Mon Mar 24 03:54:29 UTC 2008

kanetse at gmail.com wrote:

>> > Is this an XBox that running from a gamesave partition?  (i.e.
>> E:\debian)
>> >

>> Yup!
>>

> I attempted this on my XBox running MythTV-0.20.2 on Xebian 1.1.4 and
> unfortunately, it did not work.   I ran into problems when installing
> "x11-common"...
>
> Could you post provide step-by-step details, or be willing to send me
> a copy of your image?
>
> Thanks

All that I needed to do was set my apt.sources list to the one in this
thread, do an 'apt-get update' and then 'apt-get install mythtv-frontend'

But I had already installed a number of dependencies when I was trying to
compile mythtv 0.21 myself (and failed). The only way to solve any
dependency issues is to systematically work your way backwards. If
installing mythtv-frontend fails on 'x11-common', try installing x11-common
by itself. If that fails, you should be able to see what is missing, and
install that. I had to repeat that process about 100 times when I was trying
to compile 0.21 a couple weeks ago.  Shouldn't be anywhere near that
cumbersome for installing a precompiled package.