[mythtv-users] LiveTV Channel Browsing Speed (New angle !)

Ronald Frazier ron at ronfrazier.net
Mon Mar 24 16:58:17 UTC 2008

> My point is that if you switched to unbuffered TV, you would be taking
> away this functionality that everyone so desperately needed.

Well, obviously not everyone :-) But I'm glad it's there and certainly
wouldn't give it up.

>  My other point that keeps getting chopped from responses is that my
>  channel change times aren't unrealistic and I'm using the same
>  software as everyone else. :)

I chopped it because I wasn't addressing that part, and because
unrealistic is very subjective and has a lot to do with built up
tolerance.

When I first got my TiVo, channel change time was horrible and I
wasn't sure I'd be able to tolerate it. These days, I'm not even
bothered by  myth channel changing speed on the hauppauge cards (and
the tivo is lightening fast by comparison). The tuning speed on the HD
Homerun leaves something to be desired but I know thats par for the
course with digital (cable boxes and tuners built into TVs are even
slow at tuning digital/HD content, though not quite as slow as myth),
and I've gotten used to that, too.

--
Ron