[mythtv-users] Second mythbackend process on slave backend

Matthew Jurgens mythtv at edcint.co.nz
Tue Mar 25 01:32:47 UTC 2008

I've also noticed a second process.
I monitor my mythbackend to make sure it is up by testing for the
presence of a single process.

It appears not to be a new daemon process but something related to maybe
video preview or something. I can't quite recall. You can see the
argument  list in the output of a ps -ef which gives you a clue as to
what it is.

I now also check for the presence of the --daemon flag in the arguments
list of the process and I'm all ok now.