[mythtv-users] pcHD5500 and 0.21

Harry Devine lifter89 at comcast.net
Tue Mar 25 02:25:31 UTC 2008

Jesse Burt wrote:
> Kevin Bailey wrote:
>
>> How does it resolve the situation when it wants to record
>> something off both "inputs" at the same time ? Can the
>> 5500 record analog and digital at the same time ? (Have you
>> tested this ?)
>>

> Kevin,
>
> This actually wasn't what I was looking for; I wanted to work out why
> analog wasn't working "at all" :)
> It just seemed weird, as Harry and Bob found out too, that the way to
> accomplish this with the pcHDTV cards changed from .20 to .21, but no
> worries.
> These cards cannot, in fact, record both a digital and analog program at
> the same time. The cards only have one tuner circuit.
>
> I have, btw retested this, Bob... I deleted all cards and started fresh.
>   It *does* seem to work fine now, thanks!
>
> Cheers,
> Jesse

Jesse,

I hope you don't mind me asking, but you said that your setup works
now.  I just got done getting mine going and it's a little strange.  I
have 2 cards setup for my pcHD5500 (one as DVB and the other as a V4L
Analog card).  I go into "Watch TV" and when I select a few channels,
some work fine and some are really bad.  For example, channel 6 is my
local ABC.  It looks OK (as good as analog can look anyway).  Channel 65
is the USA Network, and all I get is green static/snow.  Same with
channel 68 which is FX Network.

I know that the card is working since I can get some of the channels
OK.  Did you have any of the same type of video issues with your setup?

Thanks for any info!
Harry