[mythtv-users] Why the need for playback settings

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Tue Mar 25 02:54:08 UTC 2008

On 03/24/2008 01:44 PM, Steve Peters - Priority Electronics wrote:
>> I think you answered your own question. One size fits all works for
>> everyone, but it's perfect for almost no one.
> Not really, I was saying that in linux, there is no one size fits all, you
> have to tinker a bit to get the right settings. But in windows, it is one
> size fits all. I was wondering, why does windows (and all commercial set top
> box products) get it right without any tinkering, but in linux, you really
> have to tinker?

OK, then Ron answered your question.

If you want one size fits all, see: http://tivo.com/

If you want one size fits all with "something like" Myth's extras:
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/products/winfamily/mediacenter/default.mspx

If you just want to spend your TV time tinkering (instead of watching
TV), Myth may be a good choice.  :)

Mike