[mythtv-users] MCE Remote IR Placement

Michael Nguyen michaeln at twentyten.org
Tue Mar 25 02:57:35 UTC 2008

So, this MythTV box is finally done but I wanted your suggestions on
where I should place the IR sensors.  The remote I have is the one that
came with the PVR-500.  It looks kind of like this:

http://www.elara.ie/largeimage/E7C447CB-5099-46AD-B712-C6258F09FD9A.jpg

The package consists of one large IR receiver with a USB interface and
two smaller IR sensors that plug into the larger receiver via
mini-jack.  All three pieces come with sticky pads so I can affix them
anywhere.  Do you guys have a suggestion on a configuration that works
best?  I find that it's natural for people to point the remote towards
the actual box so would it make sense to affix one of these sensors
inside the Antec Fusion 430 case?

Thanks in advance.

Michael