[mythtv-users] New mythtv user -- how to get rid of folderthumbnails in Mythgallery?

Brian Phillips brian.phillips at gmx.net
Tue Mar 25 12:09:38 UTC 2008

Marcus Bryner wrote:
>  Hello everyone,

Hi.

> QUESTION: Is there a quick way to make the thumbnails for
> subdirectories just have text (i.e. the real subdirectory name)
> instead of a pic from the directory?   It's very difficult to
> navigate when folders appear exactly the same as images.  Does anyone
> have a hack already written if this isn't an option somewhere?

Like "List View"?  You can change it on the fly by pressing your menu key
when you are in MythVideo Gallery View and selecting list view.  Browse view
is also available but I don’t think you will appreciate it if you dislike
gallery view.

You can change the default view in Utilities/Setup -> Setup -> Media
Settings -> Video Settings.

This is all assuming 0.20.2 (which is what I run).  If you've got the
newfangled version 0.21 then there might be more options I am unaware of.

Brian Phillips