[mythtv-users] Am I on crack

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Tue Mar 25 15:29:25 UTC 2008

On 03/25/2008 02:11 AM, Skitals wrote:
> If our imaginary feature was ever implemented, I reckon that could be
> avoided by configuring a max time limit for live tv recordings.

There already is--the program boundary.  If you don't have guide data,
the "on the half-hour" boundaries.  If you do have guide data and you're
recording a /very/ long show, there's even an artificial boundary
inserted (at 8 hours or 6 hours or whatever) because some people (who
just didn't get it) got mad when they recorded a 12-hour show and Myth
deleted 12-hours of recordings.

Of course, these are just recording file boundaries, so it would just
break up LiveTV so it can be expired.  If you pause in a show, when it
completes (and a new file is created), the old file (in which you're
paused) isn't eligible for autoexpiration, so the show after it would be
expired (if you still hadn't unpaused) first.

Mike