[mythtv-users] Am I on crack

Christopher X. Candreva chris at westnet.com
Tue Mar 25 19:50:01 UTC 2008

On Mon, 24 Mar 2008, Brad DerManouelian wrote:

> indicating that no current dev would put the time in to writing a patch
> for this. Why are you jumping to Videos? Not sure why that would happen.

Well, last night, the kids were watching an easter special ripped from DVD,
so that's in Videos. At 8:15, Mom says "OK kids, come up for a bath, you can
watch the rest afterwards".

Dad goes to watch the episode of "House" that started recording 15 minutes
earlier, so we bounce up from "Videos" to TV -- Recordings, not Live, even
though it's on now.

Oh, it's a not too great repeat I've already seen. Delete. Hmm, what's on TV
now then. Switch from Recordings to "Live TV" to bring up the guide. Nothing
good. I'm in the mood for Home Improvement. But wait - do I want a
first-sason episode from DVD (Videos) or 3rd season recorded off late-night
CBS (Recordings).

I thought this is supposed to be a Mythical Convergance box ! :-)

This is an extension of some ideas I had back in October for combining TV,
VIdeo, and Music into a single view:
(http://mythtv.org/pipermail/mythtv-users/2007-October/200808.html)

o See episodes recorded OTA and from DVD in a single list.
o Not record episodes or movies I already own on DVD.
o Mix MP3 and music video files, with visualizations for non-video files
o See selections from a movies soundtrack album in the same place as the
  movie.
o Catalog non-ripped DVDs, and when selected be given information as to
  where the disk is stored. (which I know I would have to enter).