[mythtv-users] Commercial flagging on a sample basis

barbex barbex at gmail.com
Tue Mar 25 20:31:42 UTC 2008

>  Eh, sorry, Mike, I guess my sarcasm meter was unplugged. I merely wished to
>  point out that we keep hearing from people that commflagging works ok, when in
>  reality it only works properly in US/Canada.

It works pretty well in Gemany too. Not sure what they do differently
over here, the commercials are detected correctly just the whole
self-advertising crap of the stations does not get detected. We don't
have a many breaks to begin with but it's nice to skip most of it. Big
thanks to whoever came up with that algorithm!