[mythtv-users] Cable box always on

Steve Peters - Priority Electronics steve at priorityelectronics.com
Tue Mar 25 23:41:30 UTC 2008

>Does your cable box wake up on a channel input? Maybe doing it twice
>would work for you.
>
>beww

No need for me to do it twice, cause it works flawlessly. I've been using
the cable box for like 9 months now without an issue, but was just thinking
about power savings, and the issue today where it turned off for some odd
reason.

Thought there might be a better way. As for serial, I'll have to check that
out, but my mythbox has only 1 serial port which is being used for IR
blasting my sound equipment. Not sure if usb to serial adapters would work
in this case, but it would be interesting to find out.

-Steve