[mythtv-users] Why the need for playback settings

Jonny B jon.the.wise.gdrive at gmail.com
Wed Mar 26 03:52:39 UTC 2008

Linux hardware support, from the vendor, is generally a fairly new concept.

> Then I got into linux and mythtv, and saw svideo and tv connection
> problems/difficulties. Not that I could not get it working, just that I
> was
> wondering why such issues are in linux? But it does make sense about the
> video drivers being more windows based...but then again, I've used several
> nvidia cards in linux, and nvidia makes the linux drivers...so that point
> is
> kinda moot. Must not be the drivers...must be something else.

This is an incorrect statement. Nvidia does release their drivers for linux,
but they are NOT the drivers that they release for windows, and SERIOUSLY
lack in support, compared to the windows counterpart.

> But, it is what it is, and at least I'm not having problems. But I'm sure
> there are plenty of people who gave up on linux mce programs because of
> the
> difficulty.

Yea, not for everyone.