[mythtv-users] Foiled by lirc - yet again

Phill Edwards philledwards at gmail.com
Wed Mar 26 13:54:06 UTC 2008

>  So that looks like it could be sending LeftControl-M.
>
>  But I'm not really sure what to do about that now. Do I have to do
>  something in Xmodmap or do I do something in MythTV key bindings to
>  get this working?

Answering my own question here, I think this has to be done via MythTV
key bindings because  many of the buttons on the remore issue key
modifiers - eg LeftControl-M, ShiftLeftControl-B. I don't think it's
possible to remap modified keys in Xmodmap.

Given that some of the keystrokes sent are modified by 2 key modifiers
(eg Shift+Control+B), can the key bindings in MythTV handle 2
modifiers or only 1? In other words, I know Ctrl+B is a valid key
binding, but what about Shift+Ctrl+B?

Regards,
Phill