[mythtv-users] Final setup questions

Darryl Hirschler Darryl.Hirschler at practiceworks.com
Wed Mar 26 21:02:53 UTC 2008

>>That seems wrong. You should be getting nice channel names/icons.
You're
not scanning your analog sources are you? You should be "fetching" those

and only scanning your digital sources.

I scanned my analog channels.  So I assume I should have "fetched"
those.  I didn't know better.  Forgive me.  I am still thinking
old-school.

>>Hmm.. if you are getting 25 thumbnails then you're not getting "all"
the
channels.

Well, only 25 on the screen at a time.  You can navigate up and down to
see more.

Dscaler does some nice things.  For instance, it also has real-time
inverse telecining (seen here).  They call it "automatic pulldown".

http://deinterlace.sourceforge.net/screenshots/index.htm
http://deinterlace.sourceforge.net/screenshots/IQ_screenshots.htm

Darryl