[mythtv-users] Final setup questions

Darryl Hirschler Darryl.Hirschler at practiceworks.com
Wed Mar 26 21:19:25 UTC 2008

>>There are some fancy deinterlacers in MythTV. Bob, Kernel and Linear
have been in there since I can remember plus Yaddif and Greedy were just
added to 0.21 and they look fantastic - if you're into that sort of
thing. :)

Those are fine and all, but inverse pulldown is the really good one for
progressive sources.  It's basically restoring the progressive frames as
they were meant to be seen.  But of course, your display must support
23.976 fps for it to be worth it.  Bob is good but you wind up with
doubled frames with progressive sources... along with some shimmering.

I'd be curious to see how MythTV handles PAL video sources (25i) on an
NTSC TV.  I'll find out pretty soon.

Darryl