[mythtv-users] minimum specs for PCHDTV-5500?

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Wed Mar 26 23:07:06 UTC 2008

On 03/26/2008 03:54 PM, Mary Strimel wrote:
> Thank you for the quick reply.  My machine has 1 GB of RAM.  Running
> "cat /proc/cpu" reports an AMD Athlon64 at 800 mhz.

/me thinks you actually have an 1800MHz or better Athlon 64 CPU that's
clocked to it's slowest frequency using some (possibly misconfigured)
CPU frequency scaling setup.  An 1800MHz Athlon 64 would probably be
able to do HDTV playback--if nothing else, using XvMC with an
appropriate video card.

Of course, it's impossible for me to tell whether you're just
misinterpreting the CPU info based on the piece of data you chose to
give us (I'm guessing it was actually from /proc/cpuinfo, though).  Had
you given something like the model name, I could give you a definitive
answer.

Mike