[mythtv-users] Anyone using an iMon LCD display

Dean Harding dean.harding at dload.com.au
Wed Mar 26 23:53:36 UTC 2008

Hey guys, sorry to get into this so late, but being in a different
timezone, I end up with 130 messages in my mythtv folder every morning
and it takes a while to pick out the interesting ones :-)

I'm actually the one who wrote the original LCD patches, and maintain
the codeka.com site (by the way, sorry it's so slow... that's what you
get with a cheap ISP I guess :p)

Also, SoundGraph seem to be coming out with new devices every couple of
months, and it's tough for me to keep up with them all. *Some* of the
new devices seem to have changed the protocol even for the IR and so
some of them require additional patches (which people have provided on
my forums, but I haven't yet had the chance to integrate into the main
patch). I've really got to get organised with all these patches :-)

Anyway...

Ronald Frazier wrote:
> Yeah, I'm looking around and it seems like everybody is getting the
> blue no matter what case they buy, whereas all the marketing
> advertising uses the negative white display. I'm wondering if the
> negative white is horrible to read. I'm really beginning to believe
> soundgraph really doctored those marketing photos. The other thing
> they show in variable brightness pixels, but from what I see looking
> around, it doesn't do anything like that.

I'm fairly sure they photoshop their marketing photos as well. I've
*never* seen a soundgraph LCD look as good as the photos on their site.
They do document that they sell the OEM product in a number of colours
(the negative orange one would've be pretty cool, I reckon... not your
average LCD that!)

As for variable brightness pixels, I only ever really see that in their
marketing photos in the "graphic equaliser" mode, so perhaps it's just a
high-speed photograph, and we're just seeing the fade time in action?

> Finally, when I power off the machine, my LCD stays lit up. Even when
> I cut the power completely, as soon as I plug it back in, even without
> booting up the computer the LCD is still backlit. Is that the case for
> yours?

I believe that depends on how the LCD is wired. On my Antec Fusion, it
stays on all the time (unless I unplug it entirely) but I believe on
some cases, it doesn't.

Dean.