[mythtv-users] Anyone using a Matrix Orbital VFD? How's about one of the USB models w/a switch matrix?

Rev Simon Rumble simon at rumble.net
Thu Mar 27 00:02:30 UTC 2008

This one time, at band camp, stuart wrote:

> If you haven't guessed, I am essentially describing the Bose control box
> for one of their 5.1 A/V setups.  It looks nice, but I always thought it
> would take considerable hacking to make one for a mythfrontend.  Now,
> I'm not so sure.  With the Matrix Orbital module you almost don't need
> to add any other electronic components.  Ok, a power supply and some
> switches.  A fairly simple task.

I've been thinking along these lines myself recently.  Currently I have
a silent, fanless front-end which is okay for SD.  If I end up going the
HD route, it'll never have enough grunt.  But Cat-6 can carry DVI or
HDMI about 150m, so I've been thinking about running playback in the
server cupboard on the backend...

--
Rev Simon Rumble <simon at rumble.net>
www.rumble.net

The Tourist Engineer
Just because you're on holiday, doesn't mean you're not a geek.
http://engineer.openguides.org/

"Australia's first boat people here were poms,
 So tell me: how is it you guage the place where you belong?"
- All Cultures by Curse Ov Dialect