[mythtv-users] System hardware recommendation wanted

allene222 nabble at oldpaloalto.com
Thu Mar 27 04:17:38 UTC 2008

Thanks all for the advice.  It really helps.  I managed to talk to a guy who
builds computers for a living.  He suggested one of the P5K ASUS boards.  He
didn't give a specific model number but I think he was describing the
P5K-VM.  It has built in graphics, which I probably would not use.  It also
has built in SPDIF.

Anyone know if MythTV can utilize the build in SPDIF putput?

In terms of processors, he recommended the E8400 and a pair of DDR2-800
memory.  This may be overkill but may still be good advice in the long run.
I am thinking I can get everything running on that and experiment on what
CPU speed is actually needed and get replace it with a cheaper machine,
using the fast one as an upgrade for my desktop.

Allen