[mythtv-users] Commflagging in the UK?

Steve Smith st3v3.sm1th at gmail.com
Thu Mar 27 11:18:41 UTC 2008

On 27/03/2008, Andrew Williams <andy at tensixtyone.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 27, 2008 at 09:07:18AM +0000, Steve Smith wrote:
>  > Anyone had any luck with commflagging in the UK? What options/tuning
>  > did you use?
>

> In short, No. I've rotated around the options for a while, blank scene
>  detected some breaks but not others and it had serious issues with
>  the flashback segments in X-Factor, much to the annoyance of my SO.
>
>  Chris P posted earlier about the CommFlagging options and I noticed
>  a silence detection option i've never heard about before. I'm going
>  to try that tonight, as from what I can remember theres a audio break
>  between the program and the adverts, also ITV and Five's branding is
>  usually silent as well.
>

>  --
>  Andrew Williams
>  w: http://tensixtyone.com/
>  e: andy at tensixtyone.com

Thanks Andy,
One option that commflag doesn't provide is pretty UK specific...
that's the little black & white square in the top right 30secs before
an ad break.
I can't remember, is this still in use on ITV and C4?
If it is still there it'd be pretty flawless for "terrestrial" channels.

Cheers
Steve