[mythtv-users] 2 min Overlap - Cannot record - Help

Tim Phipps mythtv-users at phipps-hutton.freeserve.co.uk
Thu Mar 27 12:18:03 UTC 2008

Albert Graham wrote:
> So basically, what you're saying is by ending it early, the "scheduler"
> will recalculate the surrounding conflicts and then know it can record
> the second program ?
>
>  >You could even split the difference with 1 minute early/1 minute
>
> Simple, but I like that idea :)

You don't want to miss the last minute off The Apprentice. The whole
show is a build up to a prat getting a stubby finger pointed at them.

>>     I've noticed that lots of programs now last X hours + 2 mins, It's
>>     almost like this is designed to screw with recording shows, for
>>     example,
>>     "The Apprentice" (in the UK - Alan Sugar) started tonight on BBC1 and
>>     directly after it, "The Apprentice - You're Fired" on BBC2,
>>     however the
>>     "The Apprentice - You're Fired" overlaps by 2 mins because "The
>>     Apprentice" lasts 1 Hour + 2mins.

Where do you get your listings from? tv_grab_uk_rt has the first ending
at 10pm and the second starting at 10pm. Anyway given the shoddy
timekeeping of the channels you want to pad them out. If you're using
DVB-T you could try using multirec. It works on my Freecom USB tuners
(up to 4 recordings per tuner).

Cheers,
Tim.