[mythtv-users] Commflagging in the UK?

Another Sillyname anothersname at googlemail.com
Thu Mar 27 14:49:25 UTC 2008

Guys

The potential 'Time Drift' issue is fairly easy to
address.......generate say a couple of hundred CRC reference frames
around the program start time.  A number of users (more is better)
upload these frame CRC reference numbers to a DB and a few members do
manual cuts......using the pooled data should give us all a pretty
accurate downloadable cut list.

There are potential issues with transmitters in different areas doing
different transmissions even of the same channel....If I understood it
correctly some of the Mux's do dynamic allocation of bandwidth
according to the requirements of ALL the channels on that Mux.   As we
do have regional variations on adverts and promo's it may well affect
the bandwidth and therefore digital profile of the received signal.