[mythtv-users] Easy Cable Box Integration

John Drescher drescherjm at gmail.com
Thu Mar 27 16:46:35 UTC 2008

>  If we're lucky, then the FCC-mandated channels will actually stay at
>  the same frequencies, and not moved around (as Comcast seems to do on
>  a bi-weekly basis), but everything else will be the equivalent of
>  "on-demand".  Channels won't be pumped out over the wire until
>  somebody wants to watch them, and based on people's viewing habits,
I seriously doubt that being that this would require much more
bandwidth (unless this ondemand could be shared by more than one set
top box) and be a lot more complicated. Its a lot easier for them to
send the exact same feed to all users and regulate what channels each
user gets (through encryption) by requiring every user to have a set
top box.

John