[mythtv-users] Directv H21 and Mythtv

Captain Krypto captainkrypto at gmail.com
Thu Mar 27 19:15:13 UTC 2008

Hey,

I'm running a combined FE/BE system with 1 SD tuner card (pvr-150).  I was
thinking about upgrading my Directv to HD and was wondering about peoples
experiences with this receiver and using it with MythTv.  Since I don't have
an HD tuner at this point, I wanted to watch HD directly through the box,
but still be able to record SD.  Is anyone running a setup like this?  If I
have an HDMI cable plugged in, will the signal still come through the RCA or
Composite outputs?  Any info or feedback on the H21 is appreciated.

Thanks,
Dave