[mythtv-users] Getting closer to working fireware on my SA3250HD - Still need help!

William Munson william_munson at comcast.net
Thu Mar 27 22:41:10 UTC 2008

Matt Emmott wrote:

> On Thu, Mar 27, 2008 at 7:02 AM, William Munson
> <william_munson at comcast.net <mailto:william_munson at comcast.net>> wrote:
>

>     You will find that ubuntu is much more firewire friendly. I gave up on
>     Fedora for this very reason.

> Ok,  I just installed a VM of Mythbuntu and the upgrade to .21 was
> extremely easy. I think I'll take the plunge and finally kick Fedora
> to the curb tonight. Prepare for a whole boatload of Mythbuntu
> questions next week! :-)

I ended up ripping out quite a bit of what makes MythUbuntu a
specialized OS as part of upgrading to compiling my own. I prefer not to
compile in support for hardware I do not have. Also added quite a few
things to the basic install as this machine also does a few other tasks
on my network.

Good luck,
Bill

PS - By now the mythubuntu team should have released a 0.21 based
release. They were in alpha testing a couple of months ago and basically
were waiting for the official release. I tried their alpha release but
was unable to get it to boot correctly on my hardware. You might want to
check it out.