[mythtv-users] "minimal-click"-installation of MythTV on Ubuntu 8.04?

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Fri Mar 28 13:46:35 UTC 2008

Holger wrote:
> Hello everybody,

Hello!

> I want to install MythTV with as few "mouse clicking" as possible. I
> have already installed it maybe three or four times following some
> guides in the Wiki and in the end, it always worked. Good, I'm not an
> absolute dummy :-) However, this is starting to be annoying and I want
> to make it as fast as possible.

Great!

> <background importance="low">
<snip>
> </background>
>

> Now I want to install MythTV and the only installation instructions I
> can find are entirely "point and click". Wow, that's incredible :-)
>
> Can anybody help me do as much as possible from a command line?
> - How do I install MythTV from the command line?

http://wilsonet.com/mythtv/fcmyth.php
It's focuses on Fedora, but the concepts are the same for any distribution.

> - How do I configure it from the command line?

Back up your database from your last good install and restore it so all
your settings are in place from a single mysql command. There is no
interface to mythtv-setup from the command line at this time.