[mythtv-users] How hard is it to build an HD MythTV?

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Fri Mar 28 19:03:46 UTC 2008

Mitch Gore wrote:
>     So poke around and see if you can find a mode line for your particular
>     TV. If you can't find one, it might be a struggle to get HD working.
>
>     --Greg
>

> He said he plans on using a projector.  Projectors are designed  to be
> used with computers (unlike TV's) so he should, cross my fingers, have
> NO issues in that department.
>
> Mitchell

Agreed! I bought a Westinghouse 42" LCD without a tuner, so it's just a
display and I never had to mess with a modeline. Hooray for no overscan!
It's also cheaper since it lacks a tuner and most consumers (random
people walking about in Best Buy, I mean) wouldn't know what to do with
it so you can often find returned items like this (I bought this TV and
there's nowhere to plug in my HD antenna you sold me!) and pick them up
even cheaper.