[mythtv-users] Sony remote commander, which button maps best for mythtv?

Mathog David dmathog at sbcglobal.net
Sun Mar 30 00:09:20 UTC 2008

We have a Sony RM-VL600 universal remote which currently has the TV button mapped for our Samsung TV, and we want to leave that part alone.   The universal can pretend to be just about any remote, but it seems to want to emulate VCR remotes for the VCR button, and so forth.   (I'm not 100% sure of that, it may just be that the manual lists VCR remotes for the VCR button, and a TV remote could be punched in there as well.)   In other words, we are in the situation where we can choose which remote lirc file to use, and then set the universal to emulate that.   Any thoughts on which would be the best button to reassign (VCR or DVD) and which remote we should choose to emulate?

Thanks,

David Mathog