[mythtv-users] DVD burn / ffmpeg fails due to chmod / permission problem?

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Sun Mar 30 00:31:06 UTC 2008

On 29/03/2008, stefan_jones at comcast.net <stefan_jones at comcast.net> wrote:

>  > Looking at the /video directory (which is also the dvd burn workspace) I see
>  > everything is owned by root and in group root. I run mythfrontend as user
>  > mythtv, and myth hasn't  had permission problems like this when recording or
>  > deleting files.

mythbackend is responsible for recording and deleting recordings, and
usually runs as root, so you wouldn't expect permission problems.
mythfrontend controls mytharchive, so if you change your mytharchive
working directory to one with rw permissions for user mythtv (or
whichever you run mytharchive as), you should see the problems
resolve.

--
Nick Morrott

MythTV Official wiki: