[mythtv-users] MythWeather script - current conditions not working

Phill Edwards philledwards at gmail.com
Sun Mar 30 09:45:29 UTC 2008

I have been having a go at writing some scripts for MythWeather so
that us Aussies can get 6 day forecasts (the default from BBC only
shows 3 days). I've made pretty good progress, but have hit one snag.
The current conditions screen just shows up blanks - see
http://www.mediafire.com/?jwbdl9rb0by

I can't work out why this is. The data I'm returning seems to be in
the same format as what gets returned by the ENVCAN scripts and they
show current conditions just fine. Here's the data I get returned if I
run it from the command line:

$ ./envcan.pl -u SI -d /home/mythtv/.mythtv/MythWeather/AUSBOM nsw-syd
3dlocation::Sydney
6dlocation::Sydney
appt::NA
cclocation::Sydney
copyright::Copyright Commonwealth of Australia 2005, Bureau of
Meteorology. Redistributed by Angus Johnson with permission from
Commonwealth Copyright Administration.
date-0::Monday
date-1::Tuesday
date-2::Wednesday
date-3::Thursday
date-4::Friday
date-5::Saturday
date-6::Sunday
heat_index::NA
high-0::25
high-1::23
high-2::28
high-3::21
high-4::23
high-5::22
high-6::22
icon-0::sunny.png
icon-1::cloudy.png
icon-2::sunny.png
icon-3::sunny.png
icon-4::sunny.png
icon-5::lshowers.png
icon-6::lshowers.png
low-0::14
low-1::14
low-2::16
low-3::16
low-4::11
low-5::14
low-6::15
observation_date::30/03/2008
observation_time::18:53
pressure::NA
relative_humidity::NA
station_id::nsw-syd
updatetime::Sun, 30 Mar 2008 18:42:48 +1030
visibility::NA
weather::SYDNEY - Fine. Sunny.
weather_icon::sunny.png
wind_dir::NA
wind_gust::NA

Does anyone know what might be causing the display to be blank, or how
I can track it down?

Regards,
Phill