[mythtv-users] LiveTV Channel Browsing Speed (New angle !)

Peter Schachte schachte at csse.unimelb.edu.au
Sun Mar 30 14:34:29 UTC 2008

Lindsay Mathieson wrote:
> On Friday 21 March 2008 19:40:02 Peter Schachte wrote:
>> it might be good enough to have the
>> channel up and down buttons, in the context of playing a recording,
>> programmed to save position in the current recording and switch to the next
>> or previous recording and start playing.
>
> When you say Next/Previous would that be by channel?

No, just the next/previous recording in the recording list you were most
recently selecting from.  It's not really like changing channels at all, but
it does let you quickly look at all the things you could watch right now,
which is what the previous/next channel buttons do on a TV.

> Would this require patches to the frontend code or is there somesort of macro
> facility I could use?

Patches to the frontend so that PrevChannel and NextChannel, when playing
back a recording, would switch recordings instead of channels.  No idea how
difficult it would be to do.

--
Peter Schachte              I worry that 10 or 15 years from now, [my child]
schachte at cs.mu.OZ.AU        will come to me and say 'Daddy, where were you