[mythtv-users] Need some guidance on which Nvidia driver to load from atrmps

Jeffrey Born jeff.born at gmail.com
Sun Mar 30 20:07:17 UTC 2008

Hi,

I'm in the process of building a FC8 machine for mythtv.  I'm currently
setting up the nvidia drivers and not really sure which one I want to
install via yum.

Here is the list I get:

yum search nvidia
libXNVCtrl.x86_64 : Library providing the NV-CONTROL API
libXNVCtrl-devel.x86_64 : Development files for libXNVCtrl
*nvidia-x11-drv-96xx.x86_64 : Proprietary NVIDIA hardware accelerated OpenGL
display driver*
nvidia-x11-drv.x86_64 : Proprietary NVIDIA hardware accelerated OpenGL
display driver
nvclock.x86_64 : Utility that allows users to overclock NVIDIA based video
cards
libXNVCtrl.i386 : Library providing the NV-CONTROL API
nvidia-x11-drv-32bit.x86_64 : Compatibility 32bit files for the 64bit
Proprietary NVIDIA driver
nvidia-x11-drv-97xx.x86_64 : Proprietary NVIDIA hardware accelerated OpenGL
display driver
libXNVCtrl-devel.i386 : Development files for libXNVCtrl

I'm running a 64 bit install.. my kernel version is:

2.6.24.3-50.fc8

Thanks for all the information