[mythtv-users] Changing Storage Groups

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Sun Mar 30 21:55:57 UTC 2008

* On Sat Mar 29, 2008 at 01:27:23PM -0400, John Drescher wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 29, 2008 at 1:18 PM, James Orr <james.orr7 at gmail.com> wrote:
> > What would I have to do to move a recording from one storage group to
> > another?

> I do that with mv
>
> Just move the file and MYthTV automatically will find it.

Yes, that is correct.  Myth will search all Storage Group directories if
it does not find the file in the Storage Group it expects the file to be in.

> > I don't think there's a way to do it directly from the frontend (would be
> > nice if I could just go to storage options and have it move the file over
> > for me), so I suppose I have to physically move the file ... what, if
> > anything, would I need to adjust in the database?

Eventually you'll be able to do this from within Myth and eventually it
will optionally move files automatically for you in order to keep free
space balanced among directories.  I've got the 'move' part of this code
working via a new builtin job in the JobQueue, but haven't put in any of
the glue for it yet and it's taken a back seat to other things on my
TODO list right now.

--
Chris