[mythtv-users] Transcoding DVD's, audio/video sync

jedi jedi at mishnet.org
Mon Mar 31 13:31:25 UTC 2008

On Sat, Mar 29, 2008 at 09:36:49AM -0700, Marcus Bryner wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to use the Import DVD option, using the standard transcode
> settings.   When I rip to ISO everything is fine, except of course I get a 4

There's no reason you can't just use mencoder directly.

This is what I do. I've gotten example syntax from the web for
various codecs and it's all worked out reasonably well. The only
catch is losing subtitles and closed captions. There are few tools
with dealing with closed captions and they (or rather it) aren't
very robust yet.