[mythtv-users] The Death of MythTV in the US?

Wes Hardaker wjhns176 at hardakers.net
Mon Mar 31 13:41:01 UTC 2008

KK> My cable subscription is $14/mo and get 12 stations, 10 of which are also
KK> delivered to me via unencrypted QAM.

I'm in your boat.  There are a few other channels I'd like to get
(Comedy Central being the highest on the list).  I'm constantly amazed
that there is a jump from like $14/mo to some ungodly price like
$50-75/mo.  You'd think companies would do a better job offering
something in the middle ground.  Please please please give me
per-channel subscription a-la-carte selection.

I've thought about switching to OTA and dropping my minimal cable bill
(which would require an up front antenna bill).  But half the stuff we
watch is on one of those channels that we don't get OTA: the discovery
channel.  It's another one of those channels I'd probably pay for a-la-carte.