[mythtv-users] CentOS5.1 mythtv 0.21

Florin Andrei florin at andrei.myip.org
Mon Mar 31 18:10:14 UTC 2008

Simon and the Threshold wrote:

> I'm currently running a 3 DVB-T tuner system on FC6 with 0.20 Mythtv
> using a PS3 as the Frontend over UPNP.
>
> However since Fedora has made that release obsolete and I quite fancy
> some of the 0.21 features (multiple multiplexes etc.) I was wondering if
> anyone had any advice with running MythTV under CentOS5.1.
> I've been using CentOS at work for sometime and love the fact that it
> isn't made obsolete after 12 months and of course its stable and has
> only a need for a few updates.

Enable the ATrpms repo and you should have a good source of MythTV
packages via yum on CentOS 5. The repo started carrying Myth 0.21 pretty
quickly. Their users list is fairly supportive.

I am building a dedicated Myth machine, I will use CentOS 5. I am
already using that distro for other servers, where long term support is
important.
On the laptop, though, I use Ubuntu. I'm happy with this combination.

--
Florin Andrei

http://florin.myip.org/