[mythtv-users] Nvidia nFORCE motherboards . . . anyone try them?

Thor mythtv at x-defense.de
Mon Mar 31 18:38:29 UTC 2008

On Mon, Mar 31, 2008 at 6:22 PM, Richard Shaw <hobbes1069 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sun, Mar 30, 2008 at 11:14 PM,  <stefan_jones at comcast.net> wrote:
> > I'm starting to plan a new MythSystem.
> >
> >  One of the motherboards I'm looking at is:
> >
> >  eVGA e-7150/630i
> >
> >  It has a Nvidia 7150 graphics chipset, but intriguingly, the basic
> motherboard chipset is by Nvidia (nForce 6301). It has a HDMI out.
> >
> >  The Nvidia site lists linux drivers, so the basic compatibility is
> there, but I would really like to know if anyone has tried these boards out
> yet as the basis of a Myth system.
> >
> >  --
> >  http://home.comcast.net/~stefan_jones<http://home.comcast.net/%7Estefan_jones>
> >

> I haven't used any of the video integrated chipsets but I've used
> Fedora/MythTV with nForce 2, 3, & 4 chipsets with good results.
>
> Richard

not exactly the same chipset, but I am just building a new system based on
GeForce7100/NForce630i , a Gigabyte GA-73PVM-S2H.
I wasn't able to get the nvidia drivers running with 2.6.18, but have good
success now with beta from nvidia (171.06) on 2.6.24, allthough I'm still on
plan old VGA, need to setup HDMI later.

hth

thor